Mother in Law Glowy Makeup

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

in
I can honestly say that mature skin is one of my very favorites to work with. I think it's because so many women who have mature skin think there is nothing they can do to help it or make it look younger, and are sometimes under the impression that makeup will only make them look older. It just isn't the case, and I love their reaction when they see the finished result.


This gorgeous mother of the bride didn't have any requests other than dewey skin. I love that!

So first I prepped her skin with a hefty amount of the Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base. The more the better I find when using this product. It soaks into the skin so well and does wonders to plump and smooth. I also used the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer and Becca liquid illuminator in "Moonstone" to start the illuminated base she asked for. I used the Sephora Bright Future Serum Corrector in "Melon" to color correct some of her bigger sun/age spots before I went in with foundation.

For foundation, I mixed 5.5 and 8.0 in Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk. This really contributes to the fresh face look and since she claimed to have normal skin, it would last her all day. Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer in Medium Neutral was the only concealer I used. I find that is a lighter weight consistency that works great on mature under eyes. I set that concealer with the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder. The regular translucent is way too drying in my opinion to use on skin over the age of 30. The entire face was set with the original La Mer Powder (new will be linked), which works amazingly well to set a face with an illuminated effect. I cream contoured with the Chanel Soleil de Tan Universal Cream Bronzer. I do not contour heavily on many clients at all, but especially mothers of the bride. It's just too harsh. To finish off the face I used MAC blush in "Sunbasque" and Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in "Luminous Light" to highlight the high points of the face.

I tend to keep eyes very simple when dealing with more mature eyelids. For her, I started with the Charlotte Tilbury Cream shadow in "Marie Antoinette" and blended that all over the lid and up into the crease slightly. I topped that with ABH shadow in "Topaz" and put "Fawn" throughout the crease. And that is it! Super simple, but really brings out the blue in her eyes. I smudged some Stila Waterproof Liner in "Damsel" on her lids and applied some Kiss #3 lashes to finish up her face and eyes!

Finally for the lips, I used MAC "Oak" Lipliner and topped with MAC "Spirit" lipstick.

She took a look at the finished result and said she felt like she was 40 again. That right there is why I do what I do. Even her posture looks more upbeat in the after picture. A little confidence never hurt anyone and I love being a part of instilling that for someone.

Hope you enjoyed this look!!


2 comments:

  1. This is NICE! I better get something like this for my mother-in-law too. I bet she would love this, plus, it will put me in her good books too. Oh well! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. Better makeup can make you better. Every girl is a makeup artist by her own. But becoming the best known makeup artist needs the best makeup kits in India or anywhere else. Try to make something different. Wish you luck.

    ReplyDelete